Wednesday, August 19, 2009

"Josquin! Come to London!"

So apparently I'm going to London. Notre Dame claims it, my friends keep saying goodbye, and my mother keeps buying me socks. So who am I to fight the times? After two years of anticipation, a nerve-wracking application, and nearly falling out of my loft while reading my acceptance letter (my roommate threw it at me whilst I was taking a nap) I will board a plane to Newark in one week, and then join my fellow Irish on an eight hour plane to London.

Now, last time I flew to London it was 2007, I had just graduated from high school, and me and my friend Margie were intent on celebrating our successful use of the private school system while simultaneously stalking Hugh Laurie. Well, we never found Hugh Laurie, but we did find the actor who played Aragorn in the Lord of the Rings musical smoking outside the back of the theatre. Which was almost as cool. Almost.

So here's the blog. I will attempt to update it as often as possible, but I very well might get caught up in the social scene of all that is Notre Dame in London, or fall into a steamy romance with an accented beau, or accidentally break into Parliament and be held in a British jail guarded by men in red suits with very large black hats in the shape of fuzzy q-tips. But I will do my best to bribe them into letting me access the internet so I can let you know where I am.

To life! To London! To Lord of the Rings!

No comments:

Post a Comment