Saturday, August 22, 2009

Things I Like About the British (Purely Anticipatory)

1. Hugh Laurie
2. Shakespeare
3. Tea. I do iced tea, but it comes from the same leaves. Right?
4. "Mind the Gap"
5. Birthplace of punk
6. I can dye my hair pink and still fit in. (So I hear.)
7. Public parks EVERYWHERE!
8. Going to the theatre in jeans

We'll see how many of these actually pan out.

I was flipping through my dad's old copies of "Wired" magazine and I found adds for a gaming site, Hellgate London, and the adds are headshots of people completely beat up and the scribbles on the bottom say:

"They kicked me in the teeth, tore my girlfriend in half and took away the sun. I'm going to London."

Or how bout the giddy, "They impaled my dog and drenched everything in blood. It's time to return some pain. I'm going to London."

And who would forget, "First I'm going to coat the streets with their bile, then I'm going to stack their rotten demon corpses on the sidewalks. And I'm going to enjoy it. I'm going to London."

Well, kids, looks like we're all going to London!

No comments:

Post a Comment